Yesterday was a bad day. We all have them. So I wrote a bit, posted a little ditty and it’s out there in the Universe now. No regrets. However since it has been so long between yesterdays post and my last one from September I did want to give you a bit of an update of sorts.
To quote the Grateful Dead: “What a long strange trip it’s been”. Indeed.
Since September much has happened in my life and much has changed for me. Some for the better, and some for the worse. Firstly, I have not been trading at all in recent months and recently had not even kept up much of an eye on the so called “markets” since they were frankly such a big bore.
How exciting is it to watch a steady grind up day after day? Good news, bad news, no news it mattered little as the daily liquidity injections sloshed around in the market blood stream like caffeine from your morning cup of coffee. Things are starting to look a little different lately but for now lets just put that aside. I can certainly come back and post on the markets again, just not today.
Today’s post is about mindset. About finding things to be appreciative for and to put those things out there into the Universe. Why bother? Why today? Because I need the positive energy to help me overcome some short term difficulties I am facing.
I am in the process of trying hard to learn to love myself again. That sounds easy, but for me at least it has been amazingly difficult. The biggest reason I want to love myself is so that I can have the capacity to love the Universe and everybody in it, and to make a difference to those around me in my community. You see, I have come to the realization that I am at my most happy when I am helping others.
A few months ago as part of a therapeutic regimen, I began to volunteer at the San Francisco Food Bank. It has been an incredible experience and my time spent helping to feed my community is the highlight of each week without fail. We do great work at the SFFB and it is my intention to continue to volunteer there for a long while. But I can do more, and I will do more.
Anyhow, in order to put myself in the proper mindset to magnetize positive effects from the Universe, yesterday I compiled a list of things that I am happy and grateful for. Some are currently in play for me and some are things that I intend to come into my life through my purposeful thought.
It matters little, for what I am learning is as long as you treat things as if they exist and have already come to you, they will eventually. This goes for positive and negative thoughts so you need to be careful what you wish for in life. Below is my list and while it may not impact you to read it I know that it will benefit me to put it out there so that is what I am doing.
As a closing thought, it is my intention to do more writing here. I regret the long gap between posts and I’ll likely explain further the why’s and wherefore’s of this in future installments. For now, I wish you all a great day, happiness, and gratitude.
- I am so happy and grateful that my wife loves me and understands me.
- I am so happy and grateful that I have the ability to help others and make this world a better place.
- I am so happy and grateful for the real friends that DO exist for me in the Universe. These people are both near and far and they will lift me up when I need it most.
- I am so happy and grateful for my health.
- I am so happy and grateful for my intellect and my compassion. With these tools I am able to effect positive change in my community.
- I am so happy and grateful for the chance to learn new skills and to partner with like minded individuals to make a positive difference.
- I am so happy and grateful to be able to hug my wife and have her hug me back.
- I am so happy and grateful to gain employment that contributes to the household and creates harmony in my mind.
- I am so happy and grateful that I have discovered the power of love and how it has helped me to become a happy person and a better person.
- I am so happy and grateful to rid myself of my lying ways. I have come to understand how honesty is the only way for me to gain my peace and karma.
- I am so happy and grateful to be able to seek help to understand myself better. Using this insight to grow and truly heal all of my past wounds.
- I am so happy and grateful to have finally and permanently moved past those old ways of thinking. Instead using love to guide me to success and bounty.